Optimized for large catalogs
Grid is specially built for online stores with a large number of products and collections.
Unique masonry grid
Grid’s distinctive masonry-style layout lets you elegantly showcase products, videos, and more.
Feature product images in a large, multi-column drop-down menu.
Get customers to the checkout faster with a streamlined add-to-cart popup.
Masonry and standard layouts
Feature multiple products, posts, or promotions in both masonry and standard layouts.
Multiple product page layouts
Choose from multiple product page layouts to create the best shopping experience for your customers.
Submit your review
I just love this clean very easy to use and highly customizable theme. I had it for a few years now... The support is great.
First time using Shopify. It took me about a week to put together my site using Grid. The theme's options are pretty intuitive. https://tonywu.art
I'm beyond thrilled with this theme and how simple it has been to customize it! Robert was SO helpful in answering the few questions I did have. I had zero experience building a site and this theme and the support was amazing. You would never know I didn't have experience doing this :)
This theme is awesome and the support from the Pixel Union team is incredible. I would highly recommend this theme and any theme they developed.
Great theme, with excellent user-friendly customisations. Fantastic and fast customer support. Highly recommend.
How do I install the theme once I’ve purchased it?
Easy! We’ll email you a zip file, which you can upload via the “Online Store” section of your Shopify admin. Simply click “Upload theme” and it will be there for you to customize, preview, and publish when you’re ready.
Can I customize the theme styles? Or can I use one theme style on one page and another style on a different page?
Yes and yes! We created these theme styles to show the diversity of Grid’s features, but you can pick and choose however you want. Think of the styles as jumping-off points.
Can I use our company’s font?
Maybe. If your company’s font is available in the Shopify font library or through Typekit, you can use it in the theme. If it’s a Typekit font, you will need to edit your theme’s code
Can you help me customize the theme?
We can help you get set up and familiarize yourself with Grid’s features, but we can’t guarantee support for extensive customizations. That said, we’ll do whatever we can to help you find a viable solution.
Does this theme integrate with all Shopify apps?
Not all, but many! All Pixel Union themes integrate with Pixel Union apps. If you’re using an app from another developer, please contact them to see if it plays well with Grid.
December 20th, 2018 – v4.4.5
- Changed dynamic checkout buttons content
- Changed dynamic checkout buttons to be enabled by default
December 14th, 2018 – v4.4.3
- We have made some improvements behind-the-scenes to make Grid work more organized!
- The Twitter feed will now show tweets beginning with ‘@’.
November 28th, 2018 – v4.4.2
- There is now a global ‘show vendor’ theme setting which will affect any place the vendor name normally appears
- Masonry images don’t get distorted any more, on iOS 7
November 8th, 2018 – v4.4.1
- The theme now asks Google to only index each collection page once, to improve your SEO.
- All megamenus are now showing the correct featured image.
- The unnecessary ‘Total’ section has been removed from the Account Order History page.
- There is now a new options to show lock icons on cart page and mini-cart the checkout buttons
August 23rd, 2018 – 4.4.0
- We’ve added the ability to select a default social sharing image.
- Slideshow images on the product page are now centred on all devices, so no more wonky viewing.
- When the Header is set to the ‘sticky’ style there was some strange distortion of the logo image, but we’ve cleaned up that mess so you didn’t have to.
July 26th, 2018 – v4.3.2
- Clicking on an Instagram username now opens their Instagram feed in a new tab.
- Meganavs with two levels now display correctly on mobile.
- Fixed an issue where overlay wouldn’t disappear after clicking the play button on the video section.
July 17th, 2018 – v4.3.0
- We updated the footer payment icons to use Shopify’s new official icon set.
July 11th, 2018 – v4.2.1
- The image zoom feature on the product page was being stubborn and refused to work, so we gave it a stern talking to and now it’s working again.
- The quickshop was being shy and didn’t want to show itself on the home page. We’ve helped it to build up some courage and now it’s working just like before.
June 25th, 2018 – v4.2.0
- It’s that time again. I’d sit down if I were you. With a strong cup of coffee. And some snacks.
- This week, we:
- Added back in a cart redirection toggle (so you can send customers directly to the cart after they add a product to their bag).
- Added a success message to newsletter subscription.
- Added Google+, Medium, Tumblr, Kickstarter, and LinkedIn social media account icons to your footer.
- Changed tabs to use a shared module (just some behind the scenes stuff).
- Changed the theme attribution to a language string so you can change the language without your theme being marked as ‘edited’.
- Now allow use the use of the “@” symbol in Instagram and Twitter usernames.
- Fixed an issue with certain images appearing lower quality in comparison to previous versions (like the logo).
- Fixed an issue with jumpiness while scrolling in the product details area.
- Removed unused social accounts.
- Added back the Promotions section from pre-sections parity (oops).
- Fixed a missing alternate masonry mobile setting (oops again).
- Fixed some alternate masonry stying.
- Fixed the header text not being bolded.
- Fixed an issue with currency displaying without symbol.
- You did it! Carry on with your day now.
June 19th, 2018 – v4.1.0
- Fixed an issue where the product image thumbnails were not appearing in the quick shop.
May 31st, 2018 – v4.0.0
- Added support for Shopify Font picker
April 6th, 2018 – v3.5.0
- Implemented responsive and lazy loading images.
April 3rd, 2018 – v3.4.0
- Implemented support for Shopify’s new dynamic checkout buttons. Now on the product page and quickshop, customers can checkout directly via Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, Paypal, and Shopify Payments if you have those gateways set up on your store.
- Fixed the infamous broken Twitter feed.
- Fixed the broken Instagram feed.
February 26th, 2018 – v3.3.0
- Added some new sections to comply with Shopify’s Sections Parity updates. We added a(n): Announcement bar, Map, Newsletter, Image with text, Rich text, and a Featured product section.
January 15th, 2018 – v3.2.1
- Twitter and Instagram made some changes that broke how the images were being displayed in all of our themes. We fixed that up so images should show up again!
January 8th, 2018 – v3.2.0
- Updated the menu system to be integrated with Shopify’s nested navigation update. See this link to get more information on how to set up nested navigation.
December 1st, 2017 – v3.1.4
- Updated Paskit.
- Fixed an issue where the currency format wasn’t always respecting the setting.
November 30th, 2017 – v3.1.3
- Changed how we handle inventory so it complies with Shopify’s inventory policies.
November 17th, 2017 – v3.1.2
- Fixed theme editor preview rendering incorrectly.
- Fixed single variant products not displaying variant information.
- Fixed list view product details overlapping with other content.
November 3rd, 2017 – v3.1.1
- We jumped the gun a bit and tried to sneak in some changes that didn’t follow Shopify’s code chill rules. This build is the same except it does not have:
- A nice ‘success!’ message for the newsletter subscription.
- Google+, Medium, and LinkedIn social media accounts.
- New colours for the collection page pagination.
- New colours for the newsletter placeholder text.
- The ability to use ‘@’ symbols in Instagram and Twitter fields.
- A new tabs shared module.
- Only one video thumbnail.
- The ability to translate the footer theme credit.
- This will all be implemented once black friday and cyber monday are over. Sit tight!
November 2nd, 2017 – v3.1.0
- Lots of stuff happening in this release. We suggest you sit down and pour yourself a cuppa joe if you’re really keen on reading it through.
- Added a nice ‘success!’ message to newsletter subscription.
- Added Google+, Medium, and LinkedIn social media accounts.
- Changed the pagination on collection pages to use button background colours.
- Changed the newsletter placeholder colour to match the body text colour.
- Grid now allows the use of ‘@’ symbols in Instagram and Twitter username fields.
- Changed the tabs situation to use a shared module. Nothing is different for you, just us.
- Fixed a little woopsie with the video flashing a second thumbnail before it started playing.
- Fixed some little things in the presets to match the demos.
- Changed the theme attribution (the “Grid theme by Pixel Union” at the bottom) to be a language string (not important) so that you can translate it to a different language without breaking anything.
- Are you still reading?
- How’s the coffee?
- Weather has changed from rainy to sunny over here.
- Corrected the sticky navigation behaviour so it doesn’t jump around while scrolling.
- Removed unused social media accounts.
- Fixed unresponsive zip code field.
- Corrected the collection used in breadcrumbs.
- Fixed an issue causing similarly named variant options from working correctly.
- It’s raining again.
- Fixed an issue with products being misaligned in the mini cart.
- Fixed an issue with switching variant images when the product is on sale.
- Fixed window width calculation. What does this mean? Things don’t overlap anymore.
- Fixed issue where collection titles didn’t actually link to those collections.
- Fixed an issue where the email link wouldn’t actually open up an email.
- We all lived happily ever after.
- Until the next release.
- The end.
September 1st, 2017 – v3.0.3
- Instagram feed stopped showing cropped square images. They’re square again!
August 18th, 2017 – v3.0.0
- Gave Grid a haircut and a makeover and fixed lots of bits and bobs. This is what we did:
- Added a testimonials section to home page.
- Added the ability to have video features in the masonry section on home page (way cool).
- Added a home page video with text section to home page.
- Added a text hero section to home page.
- Added a home page promotion section.
- Improved mobile navigation.
- Added new layouts to the header.
- Implemented the ability to have a masonry layout on collections page.
- Implemented the ability to have a masonry layout on blog index page.
- Implemented ability to have a masonry layout on collection page (sensing a pattern?)
- Implemented ability to have masonry typography options.
- Implemented ability to have masonry placeholder SVGs to have a background colour
- The last two points are lies, just making sure you’re paying attention.
- Implemented new typography options (LIKE RUBIK!!!!)
- Changed masonry placeholder SVGs to have a background colour.
- Last but definitely not least, we implemented an alternate product template.
- Kidding, last and kind of lease, we made some tune-ups and tweaks to copy and settings.
- Kidding about kidding – most importantly, we fixed an issue where the twitter feeds stopped displaying emojis. Twitter feeds now display emojis again. Phew.
July 25th, 2017 – v2.1.0
- Updated all range settings to be sliders in theme editor.
July 24th, 2017 – v2.0.9
- Corrected URLs for footer social links.
- Fixed issue with wrong variant images showing after rearranging the image order.
- Updated support links for documentation.
- Removed hover interaction on masonry feature grid on mobile if there are no links, headings or subtitles.
- Added support for Shopify pay icon to footer.
June 20th, 2017 – v2.0.8
- Fixed issue with masonry text not appearing on mobile.
- Fixed broken CSS.
May 23rd, 2017 – v2.0.6
- Fixed issue with Twitter feed not displaying tweets.
April 21, 2017 — v2.0.5
- Fixed issue with alternate home page layout masonry not linking without text.
- Fixed issue where variant “on sale” pricing was not displaying correctly.
- Fixed issue where contact form was incorrectly aligned.
- Added number of blog posts per page setting.
January 13th, 2017 — v2.0.1
- Fixed issue with mobile menu not scrolling.
Updated Grid-Bright to use alternative layout as preset.
- Added mobile logout link.
- Fix issue with product price not displaying sale prices with variants.
January 9th, 2017 — v2.0.0
- Updated theme with Shopify’s Sections.
November 17th, 2016 — v1.13.1
- Minor bug fixes.
November 8th, 2016 — v1.13.0
- Minor bug fixes.
- Added Shopify List newsletters theme option.
- Fixed issue with currency converter.
October 20th, 2016 — v1.11.1
- Implemented Apple Pay icon on cart page.
- Minor bug fixes.
August 25th, 2016 — v1.11.0
- Updated Flickity plugin for product slideshows.
- Implemented featured blog images.
- Minor bug fixes.
July 21st, 2016 — v1.10.5
- Minor bug fix.
July 7th, 2016 — v1.10.4
- Fixed issue with Twitter feed.
May 6th, 2016 — v1.10.3
- Added spam check to contact form.
- Minor bug fix.
March 22nd, 2016 — v1.10.0
- Added support for ShopPad apps.
March 8th, 2016 — v1.9.1
- Minor Twitter bug fix.
February 29th, 2016 — v1.9.0
- Updated theme settings to comply with Shopify’s naming and organizational setting conventions.
December 15th, 2015 — v1.8.9
- Removed ‘Powered by Shopify’ link in footer.
December 10th, 2015 — v1.8.8
- Added functionality to upload featured images for blog posts.
- Added Apple Wallet integration.
September 24th, 2015 — v1.8.4
- Fixed Newsletter Signup bug in footer on Android phones.
September 24th, 2015 — v1.8.3
- Improved mega-navigation image functionality.
- Minor bug fix.
September 24th, 2015 — v1.8.2
- Fixed tweet emoji height in twitter feed.
July 24th, 2015 — v1.8.1
- Changed Minimal preset to Light.
July 24th, 2015 — v1.8.0
- Add introduction message section.
July 24th, 2015 — v1.7.0
- Add linked (variant) options as theme setting..
July 24th, 2015 — v1.6.0
- Add ajax Add-to-Cart on product page.
July 17th, 2015 — v1.5.0
- Rebuilt quickshop.
- Updated twitter card to Shopify standard.
June 11th, 2015 — v1.4.7
- Updated Currency Converter Plugin.
May 29th, 2015 — v1.4.6
- Automatically set a default currency for the Currency Converter.
- Fixed foreign character issue.
- Made slideshow linkable without text.
- Minor bug fix.
May 14th, 2015 — v1.4.4
- Added setting to display a collection’s Featured Image and Description.
- Fixed mobile product page thumbnail pagination.
April 30th, 2015 — v1.4.2
- Fixed issue with contact form not submitting.
April 21st, 2015 — v1.4.1
- Implemented settings_schema.json and removed settings.html.
April 9th, 2015 — v1.4.0
- Replaced slideshow with Flickity plugin.
- Fixed issue with Youtube icon not appearing in footer.
- Added colour customization for slideshow controls.
April 2nd, 2015 — v1.3.1
- Fixed issue with quickshop opening when this feature was disabled.
- Fixed issue with glitching text in ‘List View’ Product layout.
- Added option to only show Masonry text on hover-over.
- Optimized settings for Slideshow feature.
- Removed hover-over for Product List items on mobile.
March 26th, 2015 — v1.2.1
- Minor bug fixes.
- Fixed issue Pinterest button on Product page.
March 19th, 2015 — v1.1.0
- Added Favicon feature.
- Added Ajax add-to-cart capability.
- Fixed issue with additional cart buttons.
- Fixed issue with slow loading Collection page.