Pixel Union is looking for a front-end developer to join our team in Victoria or Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Pixel Union’s developers bring our products to life, working closely with the design team to produce best-in-class ecommerce themes and apps. We’re looking for someone who has an eye for the little details that can make or break a product. Developers play an active role in projects, both internal and client facing.
Success in the role requires a high degree of flexibility and adaptability, a passion for both the practice and the principles of development, a deep knowledge of front-end development technologies, and a desire to work closely with other developers on the team to ensure every product lives up to Pixel Union’s reputation for industry leading quality.
All code at Pixel Union is peer-reviewed, and we look for developers who are able to clearly explain their technical choices. We encourage consistent and readable code, with a focus on maintainability.
- Develop front-end code for Pixel Union’s theme and app products, whether internal or client-driven, based on the design requirements and project brief
- Organize and manage personal tasks on assigned projects
- Ability and interest in learning new technologies and techniques
- Maintain and improve Pixel Union’s existing suite of products
- Happy to align with shared coding standards, and eager to help shape future best practices
- Constantly seeking new ways to improve the development process, and able to share new knowledge with the team
- Comfortable collaborating with a design team and providing input on proposed features
- Interface with external development groups and 3rd party platforms, as needed
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience with web development (product or agency)
- Experience with Shopify, BigCommerce, or another ecommerce platform a plus
- Experience with one or more templating languages such as liquid, handlebars or twig
- Familiar with using version control (Git)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to accurately estimate tasks, and not afraid to flag issues early
- Keen eye for detail and appreciation of good UI and UX
- Great attitude, patience and focus
Pixel Union is a company built on creativity, teamwork and employee well-being. We come to the office (wherever that may be) to work hard, push our limits, and enjoy ourselves around good people.
Some of our perks include:
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for growth as the company grows
- Exposure and learning across teams and services
- Health benefits and RRSP matching
- Generous vacation policy
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
- Educational sessions and company-sponsored certifications
- Company-sponsored fitness allowance